Back to Sanity – On-line Course
Healing the Madness of Our Minds
Back to Sanity: Healing the Madness of our Minds
Online Course begins Thursday 20th June, 4pm UK Time (11am Eastern, 8am Pacific)
Don't miss this fantastic opportunity to engage with the best-selling author and psychologist Steve Taylor, recently featured in dialogue with Eckhart Tolle on Eckhart TV
Human beings' fundamental nature is harmony and well-being, but for most of us, this is overlaid with a surface layer of discord. This is what Steve Taylor calls 'humania', the superficial madness of our minds, which manifests itself in constant 'thought-chatter' and feelings of discontent and incompleteness, which many people try to escape from by accumulating success, status and wealth.
In this online course, Steve will show how we can clear away the surface discord our minds and gain access to the harmony and well-being underneath, uncovering our true nature. We all have temporary experiences of 'harmony of being', and this course will show how to make these permanent, so that we experience a state of complete sanity and harmony.
The course will consist of 5 weekly interactive sessions with worksheets, powerpoint slides and practical exercises. There will also be a number of meditation exercises. There will also be the opportunity to ask Steve questions at the end of each weekly session.
The course will cover the following areas:
- What are the main characteristics of humania?
- The three states of being: how much time do you spend in 'elsewhereness'?
- Dis-identifying yourself from your thoughts – you are not your thoughts! You are the observer of them.
- Changing the tone of our thoughts – creating a more positive mental atmosphere, helping the 'gravitational pull' of harmony to manifest itself.
- The ‘taking for granted syndrome’ and how to transcend it.
- Harmony of being – what activities bring it, and what are its psychological causes?
- Psychological attachments – identifying your attachments and learning how to dissolve them.
- The importance of facing our own mortality
- Accepting the present – turning resistance to acceptance
- Expanding empathy to the whole universe
- The importance of service
- The healing power of quietness and solitude
The cost of the course is £69.99 (approx. $105) for the first 35 students using the promo code 'Sanity', and £99.99 (approx. $154) thereafter, including all materials and worksheets. To enrol click the button below:
Steve Taylor is a senior lecturer in psychology at Leeds Metropolitan University, and the author of several best-selling books on psychology and spirituality. For the last two years he has been included (this year at no. 38) in Mind, Body, Spirit magazine's list of the '100 most spiritually influential living people.' His books include Waking From Sleep, The Fall, Out of the Darkness and his latest book Back to Sanity. His books have been published in 16 languages, while his articles and essays have been published in over 40 academic journals, magazines and newspapers. Eckhart Tolle has described his work as ‘an important contribution to the shift in consciousness which is happening on our planet at present.’ Andrew Harvey has said of his work, ‘Its importance for our menacing times and for the transformation being birthed by them cannot be exaggerated.’ Steve is also a poet; his first book of poems and spiritual reflections, The Meaning, has just been published. Steve lives in Manchester, England with his wife and three young children.